Masterclass art and the city
A one-of-a-kind training program by Manifesto and the Centre Pompidou
What role can art and culture play in our cities? How can the presence of art play a part in reinventing the relationship between the built environment and urban space? Those are the key issues at the heart of the new Centre Pompidou masterclass. Open to real estate and architecture managers and professionals, the masterclass is hosted in an art installation designed by Swiss architect Leopold Banchini right inside the Centre Pompidou Museum.
Today, art and culture play an increasingly important role in the modern city. The Centre Pompidou Masterclasses and Manifesto have joined together to develop a training program on artistic contributions in architecture and urban spaces. City developers acknowledge it always makes a difference. So what are the tools you can use in order to include art and culture in your projects? How to make an arts project successful for the urban developer, for his audiences and the artists themselves?
Encouraging and supporting reflection on the issues of an artistic contribution (whether temporary or permanent), incorporated into the built environment and the city.
- Exploring the different types of artistic commissions and contributions and understanding the artist and his/her relationship with the urban environment.
- Questioning the role of users, inhabitants and the public.
- Understanding a successful project’s step by step, its implementation and follow-up.
- Real estate developers and investors
- Social housing owners
- Architects, urban planners
- Public developers
- Public/private companies with built heritage (production sites, premises open to the public, offices, etc.)
Artists in the urban space
Two days of inspiration and experimentation led by the Manifesto and Ecole Pro teams, that will include meetings with experts and artists to enable every participant to address these questions and to develop his/her own tools.
Speakers (session #1)
- Alain Sinou, Urban planning teacher at University Paris 8
- Elisa Hervelin, Speaker at the Centre Pompidou
- Christian Ruby, Philosopher and Board Member of the FRAC Centre
- Arthur Toscan du Plantier, Head of Strategy at Emerige and President of Club 1 Immeuble, 1 Oeuvre
- Bertrand Julien-Laferrière, collector, real estate developer
- Nathalie Brevet et Hughes Rochette, artists
- Agnès Tricoire, Lawyer specializing in intellectual property and construction law
- Pierre-Emmanuel Becherand, Head of the architecture, culture and design departement at Société du Grand Paris
In-person course during two days at the Centre Pompidou Paris.
Next session: 2 & 3 April 2020
Masterclasses costs: 2 400€ before tax / participant
Intra-company session available on request.
The organizers have the right to postpone or cancel the masterclasses if the number of participants is considered pedagogically insufficient.
Clarissa Pelino : firstname.lastname@example.org, 0033 (1) 85 09 04 52
More details about Ecole Pro
- "Expectations very well met. Perfect mentoring. Worth repeating." Real estate Consultant
- "Many thanks for this thrilling quality training program." Territorial strategy Chief Executive for a public territorial establishment
- "Very inspiring." Architect
- "Very interesting, lively and a successful balance between theory & practice." Communication Officer for a social housing landlord
- "Very interesting interventions allowing for broader horizons." Urban planning Director for a local public enterprise
- "Rich and comprehensive training program. Significant knowledge enhancement." Communication Officer for a cinema operator